Place of Travel : Neil Island
Nearest city Port Blair
Mode of transport Ferry service from Port Blair
Major feature Beautiful beaches, snorkelling, shell collection.
India is a land of beautiful sights and amazing tour experiences. Now that winter is approaching, everyone would be preparing for a wonderful New Year weekend treat. Do not think any further and plan your tours for the best winter destinations in India. Let us start with the extreme boundaries of Andaman andNicobar Islands. Neil Island here is a wonderful place to visit during winter.
Neil Island is a relaxed and quite beach and the best amongst the winter destinations in India. Compared to Havelock Island, Neil is a very small tranquil spot but would provide you with the best travel experience.
With its widest part measuring around 5 km, the visual pleasures of the unbelievably blue, green and dark blue sea make Neil Island the best retreat for all those who wish to relax and unwind in winter travels.
How to Reach Neil Island
Ferry services at Rs 200 per trip are available from Port Blair with two boats a day. The tickets are available at the office near the jetty. Reach the guest house or hotel either by an auto rickshaw or by renting bicycles or hired two wheelers.
- Sitapur Beach is a beautiful spot, which is very good for swimming, and the best sunset delights.
- There is Beach # 8 where tourists enjoying snorkelling and collecting shells.
- Ramnagar Beach is another pristine locale, which looks heavenly with its light blue clear water. Water scooter, bathing, and snorkelling are major activities here.
- Lakshmanpur beach is again a serene stretch of land famous for beautiful sunsets.
- Natural Bridge: This beautiful location connects a small island to the mainland. There are rock pools here, which are interesting.
- Sunset Point: This is the westernmost point of the beach. There are sights of pretty sunsets and it is a photographer’s delight. Travellers come here to see the mantas.
- The main bazaar is a great place to shop and doles out the best kind of Indian cuisine.
- Coconut water is an easily available drink here.
With so many things to do and so much more to explore, Neil Island is surely one of the most enchanting and fascinating winter destinations in India.
Thus Neil Island is one of the most interesting and must do winter destinations in India providing ideal travel pleasures and tour luxuries.